Thursday 5 December 2013

Beautiful Florence

I thought I would share my recent city break to Florence. It is astounding how one small city has such a treasure trove of culture. There was so much artwork to behold, four days did not really do the city justice.  I have returned refreshed and ready to make new works myself.
 
 
Here I am taking a photograph of the painted mirror and found myself in the frame.

 
 
 
Every where we seemed to turn there are amazing buildings.


 
We stumbled across a small, dark shop window in a small side street, on the west side of Florence, only to see the most amazing jewellery. Here inside was something very special. The man responsible for this artwork is self taught jeweller Allesandro Dari. What a find, and the icing on the cake for me.

 
I loved the fact the Florence curators have allowed artists to place contemporary work within the realm of a historic building. Here a modern day tree house sits majestically in a 17th century courtyard.
 
 
I now know where Dolce & Gabbana got their inspiration for their 2013 fall collection. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment